Can I Get A Second Opinion in Missouri?

Understand how workers’ compensation works in the state of Missouri.

With some minor exceptions, Missouri workers’ compensation law provides coverage for all workers injured on the job while working within Missouri. The Workers’ Compensation Division of the Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations administers Missouri workers’ compensation law. The most important thing you can do is talk to a Workers’ Compensation attorney call Northland Injury Law at 816-400-4878.

Can I Get A Second Opinion?

Sure, you may request a second opinion. Usually, the employer will not pay for one. Sometimes a doctor will see you for a second opinion. This mostly occurs when the employer requests one. So, you may see the doctor of your choice, BUT, you will have to pay the medical bills & treatment for it if worker’s compensation does not approve. And, if you try and see a doctor under your health insurance plan, as soon as you tell the nurse you were injured at work, health insurance will not pay. Most health insurers will not pay for a work-related injury.

Talk to an Attorney

A Missouri attorney experienced in workers’ compensation can be an invaluable asset to your case, especially if you were seriously injured and cannot go back to work. You should strongly consider talking to a worker’s comp attorney if you need to appeal a denial of your claim and/or your injuries are severe or complex. For a more comprehensive list of all the questions you might have about workers’ compensation, and for a free consultation, please call (816)-400-4878. If you have further questions about your case, do not hesitate to reach out to us by the phone number, through the contact form, or even with the live chat option listed on our site!

Recent Posts



Request Your Free Consultation

“*“indicates Required Fields

"*" indicates required fields

I Have Read The Disclaimer*
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.